COMMON TERMS USED IN THESE RULES
These are the Ofﬁcial Rules and Regulations (the “Ofﬁcial Rules”) that govern how the Wallifornia Music Tech Hackathon operates (the "Contest"). In these rules, "we," "our," and "us" refer to Wallifornia Music Tech. “You”, “Yourself”, and “Participant” refer to an eligible participant.
The Contest is for the 2019 Wallifornia Music Tech Hackathon. The Contest is designed to create new tech innovations in Music, Virtual Reality, Blockchain, Binaural sound and Artificial Intelligence. Please note that this is a skilled-based contest, and chance plays no part in the determination of the winners. By participating, you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are a minor) agree to these Ofﬁcial Rules.
You must be 16 years or older (with express permission from a parent or legal guardian, if applicable) to enter the Contest. This Contest is void where prohibited by law. No purchase is necessary and a purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
To participate, visit https://www.eventbrite.fr/e/wallifornia-musictech-hackathon-tickets-54642614531?aff=ebdssbdestsearch and submit a Contest application. Participants will be selected based on the completeness of their application and the potential to impact . Selected participants will be notiﬁed of their selection before the Event. If you are a minor and are selected to participate, you must get written permission from your parent/legal guardian before you can participate.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO WIN?
You must complete an application by Thursday June 27, 2019 at 12:00pm CST to participate (some exceptions may apply at our sole discretion). You must be selected as a participant. Once you are selected as a participant of the Contest, You will be required to submit a project (“Project”) in compliance with the rules set forth herein (“Project Requirements”). At least one member of your team must be on-site for the duration of the Contest.
- You must write fresh, new code and put the code in a repository that our judges can review.
- You must use at least one of the APIs provided by us for the Contest.
- Your Project must be your own original work created for this Contest, except for any materials made available by us for the Contest.
- Your Project cannot have been selected as a winner in another contest.
- We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any Project containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, defamatory, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material.
- By entering, you represent and warrant that: (i) your Project includes only material that you own or that you have permission from the copyright/trademark owner to use (including source code, user interface, music, video or images); and (ii) your Project does not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
WHAT ARE THE CONTEST DATES?
The Contest will begin on July 2, 2019 at 9:00am and end on July 3, 2019 at or around 9:00am (Belgium Time) (the “Contest Period”) and consists of the following phases:
Hackers create their Projects! (July 2-3, 2019)
DEMOS & AWARDS
Hackers demo their new creations for the panel of Judges. At the end of the Demo showcase on July 3, judges will select the winning projects.
HOW ARE WINNERS SELECTED?
Judges will select ﬁnalists and winners with the highest scoring submission based on the judges’ opinions on the following factors: Impact to the Music and VR/AR industries (25%); User Experience (25%); Innovativeness (25%); Technical Excellence (25%)
WHAT ARE THE PRIZES?
Each winner may receive one of the following prizes (“Prize(s)”):
- Other prizes provided by the sponsors may be announced prior to the Contest, subject to availability and Wallifornia Music Tech approval.
- After the awards ceremony, the Prizewinner agrees to execute any further contracts or releases provided by Wallifornia Music Tech or the Contest sponsors in order to receive the Prize (collectively, “Processing”). This Processing may include tax withholdings. A Participant is not the Prizewinner until Wallifornia Music Tech has veriﬁed Participant’s eligibility.
WHAT OTHER CONDITIONS AM I AGREEING TO BY PARTICIPATING?
By participating in this Contest you (and your parent/legal guardian if you are a minor) agree:
- To abide by the Ofﬁcial Rules;
- To release and hold harmless Wallifornia Music Tech, and its respective parents, subsidiaries, afﬁliates, employees and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any prize won;
- That Wallifornia Music Tech’s decisions will be ﬁnal and binding on all matters related to this Contest such decisions cannot be challenged or appealed;
- That you will not have any ownership rights in the APIs that are made available to you, but you will own all other rights in the Projects you create;
- Wallifornia Music Tech may present, exhibit, display, or otherwise use your Project for its own promotional or publicity purposes.
- That you will be responsible for your own federal, state, and local (or international, if applicable) tax obligations for any prizes you win and your participation shall be subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations; and
- That, by accepting a prize, we or the sponsors may use your proper name and state, country, region of residence and any photos or videos captured at the Event or the Awards Ceremony for promotional purposes, during or after the Contest, online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Contest, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law;
- You must not be an employee, agent, or representative of Wallifornia Music Tech or sponsor of the Contest or each of their respective partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, afﬁliates;
- To not use or display any trademarks or logos owned by Wallifornia Music Tech without our prior written permission;
- That we reserve the right to modify these Ofﬁcial Rules at our discretion; and
- There is no purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
- That Wallifornia Music Tech, its partners and their subsidiaries, affiliated companies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the "released parties") expressly disclaim any and all warranties or conditions of any kind (whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise), including but not limited to, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Under no circumstances shall released parties be held responsible or liable for their or participant’s use of the information provided and/or made available through the contest or for errors or anomalies resulting in the unintended or erroneous participation, award of contest prize or other benefits under the contest to participants.
- Released parties offer no assurances, guarantees or warranties or conditions that the contest will be uninterrupted or error-free and do not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the contest. Released parties assume no responsibility for any computer-related damages including, without limitation damage or loss due to downloading the contest materials.
- Released parties will not be liable, and are not responsible, for damages of any kind related to a participant’s participation or inability to participate in the contest, whether the damages are direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential. Further, by participating in the contest and/or accepting a prize, you agree that released parties shall not be liable for, and will be held harmless by you against, any liability for any damage, injury or loss to person (including death) or property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize, participation in any contest-related activities, released parties’ use of any entry or participation in this contest.
WHAT LAWS GOVERN THE WAY THIS CONTEST IS EXECUTED AND ADMINISTERED?
This Contest will be governed by the laws of the City of Liège, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of state and federal courts in Liège for any disputes arising out of this Contest.
WHAT IF SOMETHING UNEXPECTED HAPPENS AND THE CONTEST CAN'T RUN AS IT WAS PLANNED?
If someone cheats, or a virus, bug, bot, catastrophic event, or any other unforeseen or unexpected event that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled (also referred to as “force majeure”) affects the fairness and/or integrity of this Contest, we reserve the right to cancel, change, or suspend this Contest. This right is reserved whether the event is due to human or technical error. If a solution cannot be found to restore the integrity of the Contest, we reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received before we had to cancel, change or suspend the Contest.
If you or your team attempts to compromise the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest, or if we have reason to believe that you or your team have compromised the integrity or the legitimate operation of this Contest by cheating, hacking, creating a bot or other automated program, or by committing fraud in any way, we may seek damages from you to the fullest extent permitted by law. Further, we may disqualify you, and ban you from participating in any of our future Contests, so please play fairly.
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO WON?
A llist of all winners will be published on www.walliforniamusictech.com after the conclusion of Wallifornia Music Tech 2019.
By participating in this competition, you are acknowledging that you have completely read and fully understand the terms of this Agreement, and you agree to be bound by its terms.